Restroom Attendant - Female
|Title:||Restroom Attendant - Female|
|Minimum Age Requirments:||Must be at least 18 years of age to apply|
Under general supervision, the Restroom Attendant is responsible for the proper cleaning and maintenance of Lagoon’s restroom facilities in accordance with Lagoon’s policies and procedures.
Job Requirements/Essential Functions of the Job:
- The Restroom Attendant will clean and maintain assigned restroom facilities before during and after operational hours. Cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, wiping sinks and counters, cleaning mirrors, cleaning toilettes, emptying trash receptacles, etc. The Restroom attendant will also restock restroom supplies as needed. The Restroom Attendant must faithfully and honestly perform restroom inspections.
- The Restroom Attendant will be using brooms, mops, squeegees, cleaning brushes, various cleaners and sanitizers, etc. to accomplish various cleaning tasks and must be able to understand the proper use and care of such equipment and supplies. The Restroom Attendant must be able to read and understand information found in the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) binder.
- The Restroom Attendant must monitor and respond to inappropriate guest behavior, including enforcing rules and restrictions, regulating guests’ actions, and requesting assistance from Security and the Restrooms Supervisors if necessary
- The Restroom Attendant must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward ensuring guest satisfaction by displaying an aggressively friendly approach to service guests. In addition, the Restroom Attendant must be able to deal with many guests each day in a positive and friendly manner.
- Closely monitor park restroom facilities to ensure a safe operation.
- The Restroom Attendant must be flexible to work in different locations and must be knowledgeable in all work stations.
- During training periods, the Restroom Attendant must be able to read and assimilate information provided in the Restrooms Manual and the Seasonal Employee Handbook, and comprehend verbal instructions from the training Restrooms Supervisor.
- The Restroom Attendant will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and various other equipment. The Restroom Attendant must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- The Restroom Attendant must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements and wear the proper issued uniform. A neat, clean, professional appearance is required at all times.
- The Restroom Attendant must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Each Restroom Attendant will be working with all levels of the Grounds and Restrooms Department staff and various levels of other departments to which the Grounds and Restroom Department operation is related.
- Each Restroom Attendant will be in contact with a high volume of guests on a daily basis, which requires good guest service skills and ability.
The Restroom Attendant position is seasonal. Seasonal employees are at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause and/or notice.Seasonal Employees perform their work at certain seasons and periods of the year. Their work, by its nature, is not continuous and not carried on throughout the year. A seasonal employee who is employed at the conclusion of the season will be terminated. A seasonal employee has no expectation in employment beyond the season in which he/she is hired. In a 12-month period, a Seasonal Employee works on average 28 hours or less per week and never more than 1400 hours in a 12-month period.
Due to the nature of the Company’s business, the Restroom Attendant may be required to work for longer than normal work periods. The work schedule will vary from an average of 0-20 hours per week during the off-season, to an average of 0-50 hours per week during the operating season. The Restroom Attendant must be willing and able to work variable hours, five-six days a week from as early as 6:00 a.m. to as late as 1:00 a.m. including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Seasonal employees agree to work as scheduled by the Company.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Job Qualifications are stated in essential functions of the job description. Each Restroom Attendant must be able to accomplish the essential functions in order to be competent in the job.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, and Lagoon guests.
- Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the job.
- Able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Able to complete basic math calculations when filling out daily time cards.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Able to follow safety practices and be safety conscious.
- Able to deal with guests in a friendly, but firm manner.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as with a group.
- Able to learn, comprehend, and enforce Lagoon policies and procedures.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Able to respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure and fire alarms.
- Able to handle minor complaints and suggestions from our guests in a calm and professional manner.
- Clean work area daily or more often, as needed.
- Able to walk quickly between restrooms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to regularly use hands to finger, hands, and feel.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach and operate equipment
- Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting.
- Able to stand and/or walk for up to (8) hours.
- Able to walk quickly to/from job locations up to 1 (one) kilometer distance.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 90 pounds.
- Must have good hearing and visual acuity to observe equipment, Lagoon guests, etc.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to read and understand daily checklists.
- Able to work from work order system.
- Able to speak to give other employees and guests verbal instructions.
- Able to work in a considerably noisy environment from equipment and amusement rides.
- Able to perform work duties outside in varying weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Requires early arrivals and/or late night departures.