Mid-Level Software Developer
|Title:||Mid-Level Software Developer|
|Minimum Age Requirments:||Must be at least 18 years of age to apply|
Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, the Computer Software Developer is responsible for software development in the Windows environment, website development, PC technical support, Windows Server support, and Linux Server support in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Computer Software Developer shall have a knowledge of IBM AS/400 System (IBM i).
Job Requirements/Essential Functions of the Job:
- The Computer Software Developer will design and program various software applications according to project specifications needed by various departments as well as follow all company standards.
- The Computer Software Developer must maintain all existing software applications including enhancements, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- The Computer Software Developer will assist in maintaining the company’s public and internal website by making enhancements, changes, and developing new applications as required.
- The Computer Software Developer will provide technical support for 100+ personal computers throughout the company. This will include installing new systems, troubleshooting problems, installing new software and/or hardware, coaching and working with PC users that may need help.
- The Computer Software Developer will help maintain and troubleshoot the company’s local area network including routers, hubs, and cabling.
- The Computer Software Developer will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and power equipment required to perform the job. The Computer Software Developer must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- During training periods, the Computer Software Developer must be able to read and assimilate information provided in the Seasonal Employee Handbook, the Company Policies and Procedures Manual, purchased equipment manuals and drawings, and comprehend verbal instructions from the training supervisor.
- The Computer Software Developer must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward providing customer satisfaction by displaying a friendly approach to serving company employees. In addition, Computer Software Developer must be able to deal with many company employees each day in a positive and friendly manner and resolve any problems, complaints, and/or grievances in an efficient and friendly manner.
- The Computer Software Developer must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements and wear the proper issued uniform. A neat, clean, professional appearance is required at all times.
- The Computer Software Developer must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
Each Computer Software Developer will be dealing with all levels of the Information System Staff and all other departments to which the Computer Software Developer is related.
Due to the nature of the company’s business, the Computer Software Developer may be required to work for longer than normal work periods. The position is not seasonal. The work schedule will vary from 40 hours per week during the off season to 40+ hours per week during the operating season. The Computer Software Developer must be willing and able to work flexible hours, five-six days a week from as early as 6:00 a.m. to as late as 12:00 a.m. including evenings, weekends, and holidays. The Computer Software Developer agrees to work as scheduled by the Company.
The Computer Software Developer will be on call and available for duty at all reasonable times, except when a specifically scheduled leave or vacation has been approved, to provide emergency assistance in the event of systems failures and problems.
- Job Qualifications are stated in essential functions of the job description. The Computer Software Developer must be able to accomplish the essential functions in order to be competent in the job. Other qualifications not specifically noted in the essential functions of the job include: Education, certifications, registrations, licenses, special equipment skills, software experience, language skills, working conditions, physical demands, work schedule demands, work location requirements, and hazardous materials knowledge.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in the following areas is highly desirable: IBM AS/400 (IMB i), Rational Developer, RPG ILE, RPG IV, CL, DB2, Query and SQL.
- Must have knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office including, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Power Point.
- Must have Networking Skills including the knowledge of LAN’s, TCP/IP, Ethernet cabling, hubs, routers, NIC cards, etc.
- Proficient with various versions of Windows Server and the Windows desktop including: Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 including skills to troubleshoot and maintain PC software.
- Must be comfortable with Mac OS and various distributions of Linux.
- Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to departmental operations and the job.
- Able to learn, comprehend, maintain, and enforce the company’s policies and procedures.
- Able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Able to communicate effectively with the vendors, guests, and employees in a professional and friendly manner.
- Able to complete simple math calculations when filling out payroll time records, taking measurements, and performing maintenance.
- Able to learn new skills and technologies as required.
- Able to receive and follow directions regarding specific assignments and projects.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills with specific ability to work patiently with computer users, treating them with respect.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions to perform specific tasks.
- Able to work independently as well productively as a member of a team.
- Able to follow safety practices and be safety conscious.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Able to implement general policies, procedures, and standards set forth by the Company which are described and detailed in the maintenance manual and park manual.
- Maintain sensitivity to all of the policies adopted and established by the Company.
- Watch for and report any unsafe working conditions.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to regularly use hands to finger, hands, and feel.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach and operate equipment
- Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting.
- Able to stand, sit and/or walk for up to (8) hours.
- Able to walk quickly to/from job locations up to 1 (one) kilometer distance.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Must have good hearing and visual acuity to observe equipment, Lagoon guests, etc.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to read and understand daily checklists.
- Able to speak to give other employees and guests verbal instructions.
- Able to work in a considerably noisy environment from equipment and amusement rides.
- Able to perform work duties outside in varying weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Requires occasional early arrivals and/or late night departures.