|Minimum Age Requirments:||Must be at least 16 years of age to apply|
Under the direct supervision or the designated Stage Manager, Technical Supervisor : Production Manager, the Light Technician is responsible for maintaining and operating light boards and/or spotlights during Entertainment productions in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Light Technician will also assist with other technical duties within the Entertainment Department.
Job Requirements/Essential Functions of the Job:
- Light Technicians will operate light boards, and/or spotlights if applicable during assigned entertainment productions. The Light Technician will be responsible for any set-up or take-down necessary.
- Light Technicians will assist the Light Designer in hanging and focusing lights in preparation for entertainment productions.
- Light Technicians will be responsible for all lighting equipment and ensure that the equipment is properly maintained, stored, secured, and cleaned.
- The Light Technician will play a vital roll in ensuring that each performance begins on time.
- Light Technician must work as a team and maintain a high level of professional conduct.
- Light Technician will assist in general cleaning duties of Entertainment stages, guest seating areas, and other assigned locations before, between, and after performances.
- Light Technicians must be willing, and able, to assist with television promotions being held out of the normal performance hours.
- The Light Technician must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward providing guest satisfaction and must be able to deal with many guests each day in a positive and friendly manner.
- During trainings and rehearsal periods, the Light Technician must be able to read and assimilate information provided in the Entertainment Manual and the Seasonal Employee Handbook, and comprehend verbal instructions from the training supervisor.
- The Light Technician will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and various equipment. The Performer must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- The Light Technician must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements and wear the proper issued uniform. A neat, clean, professional appearance is required at all times.
- The Light Technician must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Each Light Technician will be working with all levels of the Entertainment Department staff and various levels of other departments to which the Entertainment Department operation is related.
- Each Light Technician will be in contact with a high volume of guests on a daily basis, which requires good guest service skills and ability.
The Light Technician position is seasonal. Seasonal Employees perform their work at certain seasons and periods of the year. Their work, by its nature, is not continuous and not carried on throughout the year. A seasonal employee who is employed at the conclusion of the season will be terminated. A seasonal employee has no expectation in employment beyond the season in which he/she is hired. In a 12-month period, a Seasonal Employee works on average 28 hours or less per week and never more than 1400 hours in a 12-month period.
Due to the nature of the Company’s business, the Light Technician may be required to work for longer than normal work periods. The work schedule will vary from an average of 0-20 hours per week during the off-season, to an average of 0-50 hours per week during the operating season. The Light Technician must be willing and able to work variable hours, five-six days a week from as early as 6:00 a.m. to as late as 1:00 a.m. including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Seasonal employees agree to work as scheduled by the Company.
- Must be at least 16 years of age, by department orientation of the performance season.
- Experience and knowledge of stage lighting equipment is essential with regards to intelligent lights and light board trouble shooting.
- Job Qualifications are stated in essential functions of the job description. Each Light Technician must be able to accomplish the essential functions in order to be competent in the job.
- Basic experience and knowledge of Hog programming is appreciated
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, and Lagoon guests.
- Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the functions the job.
- Able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Able to complete basic math calculations.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Able to follow safety practices and be safety conscious.
- Able to deal with guests in a friendly, but firm manner to provide for a good guest experience and enforce safety rules.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as with a group.
- Able to learn, comprehend, and enforce Lagoon policies and procedures.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Able to respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure and/or operating system faults or shutdowns, and smoke alarms.
- Clean work area daily or more often, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach and operate equipment
- Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting.
- Able to stand, sit and/or walk for up to (8) hours.
- Able to walk quickly to/from job locations up to 1 (one) kilometer distance.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Must have good hearing and visual acuity to observe equipment, Lagoon guests, etc.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to read and understand daily checklists.
- Able to work from work order system.
- Able to speak to give other employees and guests verbal instructions.
- Able to work in a considerably noisy environment from equipment and amusement rides.
- Able to perform work duties outside in varying weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Requires early arrivals and/or late night departures.