|The Engineer is responsible for providing engineering analysis, providing mechanical and/or structural design services and implementing sound technical solutions for various company projects. The Engineer is responsible for engineering duties and work associated with the planning, design, erection, repairs, refurbishment, modification, and/or the construction of amusement rides or devices, in accordance with recognized national codes, industry standards and Company policies and procedures. Work duties will also include engineering assignments dealing with the planning, design, fabrication, refurbishment, and/or modification of Park buildings, infrastructure, offices, housing, retail outlets and other assignments given by management.
Due to the nature of Lagoon’s business, the Engineer may be required to work for longer than normal work periods. The position is not seasonal. The work schedule will vary from 40 hours per week during the off season and 40 to 50 hours per week during the operating season. The Engineer must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule which may include a five-six day work week, early morning and late night departures, evenings, weekends, and holidays in order to meet Company deadlines and goals. The Engineer agrees to work as scheduled by the Company.
The Engineer must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements, as well as enforce these requirements for all employees. A neat, clean, professional appearance is required at all times.
Unique Job Requirements:
- The Engineer will apply diverse experience in and knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad, multi-disciplined environments and must be qualified and able to make mid to high-level technical decisions that affect product outcome independent of management.
- The Engineer will make decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have important impact on extensive engineering activities.
- The Engineer must be able to work without supervision but must be able to integrate input from many individuals or stakeholders and work as a team.
- The Engineer must work as a team leader and maintain a high level of professional conduct.
- The Engineer must be self-motivated and be able to meet goals and deadlines.
- The Engineer must be competent in the ability to produce drawings using AutoCad and Autodesk Inventor software. The Engineer must be able to produce shop drawings including fabrication drawings, construction drawings, and/or machine shop drawings.
- The Engineer must be able to communicate technical concepts in writing as well as be able to orally communicate drawings and/or complex issues to non-technical peers and management.
- The Engineer will be responsible for following all design from planning to successful operation and turnover.
- The Engineer will supervise contractor, vendor, or manufacturer design activities and resolve any technical conflicts.
- The Engineer will verify that all rides, attractions, and/or devices meet or exceed design assumptions and ensure they will meet the safety, reliability and capacity level in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- The Engineer will demonstrate and practice creativity, foresight, and experienced engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unanticipated engineering problems, program objectives and requirements, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- The Engineer will have a working knowledge of engineering disciplines including: systems engineering, mechanical system design and/or structural system design, machine and mechanism design, safety related design and hazard risk analysis.
- The Engineer will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and various equipment. The Engineer must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- The Engineer will use both PC and AS400 computer programs to enter, receive, maintain, and print work orders; enter maintenance repair work orders; enter purchase requests; prepare create, receive, print, and/or prioritize work orders.
- The Engineer will act as a safety officer by looking for and correcting any unsafe working conditions that may exist; instilling a voluntary safety conscious attitude among co-workers; positively reinforcing any request from safety and security or other concerned parties with regards to safety; insuring that all Company employees conform to company safety guidelines.
- The Engineer must be familiar with Regulatory agencies such as the Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Consumer Product Safety Commission, as well as non-regulatory agencies such as the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). These agencies have published codes and standards which must be implemented by the Engineer as part of the company’s policies and procedures.
- The Engineer must be familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act and standards found within.
- The Engineer must be familiar with all ASTM ride and construction building standards; insure that all programs and/or specifications detail in the ASTM standards are being performed and implemented. The Engineer must remain current on changes within the amusement park industry and with ASTM standards. The Engineer must be able to then adjust department policies and procedures accordingly.
- The Engineer must monitor and respond to inappropriate guest and/or employee behavior, including enforcing rules and restrictions, regulating employees’ or guests’ actions, and requesting assistance from Security if necessary. The Engineer must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward providing guest satisfaction by displaying a friendly approach to serving guests. In addition, the Engineer must be able to deal with many guests and park employees each day in a positive and friendly manner and to resolve any guest or other department problems, complaints, and/or grievances in an efficient and friendly manner.
- All other duties as assigned by management.