|Minimum Age Requirments:||Must be at least 16 years of age to apply|
Under the direction of the Production Manager and designated Stage Manager, the House Manager is responsible for maintaining designated Entertainment Division perform venues and assisting with the operation of such venues accordance with company policies and procedures. The House Manager will also assist with other technical duties with in the division, when necessary.
Job Requirements/Essential Functions of the Job:
- The House Manager is responsible for assisting with all aspects of an assigned entertainment production in accordance with company policies and procedures. The House Manager will work very closely with the assigned stage manager as well as Performers and Technicians to assure successful entertainment productions.
- The House Manager must maintain a professional attitude and demeanor.
- The House Manager will be responsible for enforcing policies, procedures, and other directives with park guest attending the assigned production.
- The House Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the theater audience and surrounding areas.
- The House Manager will assure that guest guidelines are followed correctly to ensure guest satisfaction.
- House Managers will assure that all assigned take down and clean up is completed for each assigned performance.
- House Managers must work as a team member to maintain a high level of professional conduct.
- House Managers will assure that general cleaning duties of surrounding locations before, between, and after performances are completed.
- The House Manager must monitor and respond to inappropriate guest and/or employee behavior, including enforcing rules and restrictions, regulating actions, and requesting assistance from Security, Stage Manager, and/or the Entertainment Manager on duty if necessary.
- The House Manager must act as a team leader.
- The House Manager, while on Duty, must carry a two-way radio or other form of communication in order to be available for immediate response.
- The House Manager must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward providing guest satisfaction and must be able to deal with many guests each day in a positive and friendly manner.
- During trainings and rehearsal periods, the House Manager must be able to read and assimilate information provided in the Entertainment Manual and the Seasonal Employee Handbook, and comprehend verbal instructions from the training supervisor.
- The House Manager will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and various equipment. The House Manager must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- The House Manager must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements and wear the proper issued uniform. A neat, clean, professional appearance is required at all times.
- The House Manager must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Each House Manager will be working with all levels of the Entertainment Department staff and various levels of other departments to which the Entertainment Department operation is related.
- Each House Manager will be in contact with a high volume of guests on a daily basis, which requires good guest service skills and ability.
The House Manager position is seasonal. Seasonal employees are at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause and/or notice. Seasonal Employees perform their work at certain seasons and periods of the year. Their work, by its nature, is not continuous and not carried on throughout the year. A seasonal employee who is employed at the conclusion of the season will be terminated. A seasonal employee has no expectation in employment beyond the season in which he/she is hired. In a 12-month period, a Seasonal Employee works on average 28 hours or less per week and never more than 1400 hours in a 12-month period.
Due to the nature of the Company’s business, the House Manager may be required to work for longer than normal work periods. The work schedule will vary from an average of 0-20 hours per week during the off-season, to an average of 0-50 hours per week during the operating season. The House Manager must be willing and able to work variable hours, five-six days a week from as early as 6:00 a.m. to as late as 1:00 a.m. including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Seasonal employees agree to work as scheduled by the Company
- Must be at least 16 years of age by department orientation of the performance season.
- Basic experience in theater and Guest Services is appreciated.
- Job Qualifications are stated in essential functions of the job description. Each House Manager must be able to accomplish the essential functions in order to be competent in the job.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, and Lagoon guests.
- Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the functions the job.
- Able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Able to complete basic math calculations.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Able to follow safety practices and be safety conscious.
- Able to deal with guests and employees in a friendly, but firm manner to provide for a good guest and employee experience and enforce safety rules.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as with a group.
- Able to learn, comprehend, and enforce Lagoon policies and procedures.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Able to respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure and/or operating system faults or shutdowns, and smoke alarms.
- Clean work area daily or more often, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach and operate equipment
- Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting.
- Able to stand, sit and/or walk for up to (8) hours.
- Able to walk quickly to/from job locations up to 1 (one) kilometer distance.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Must have good hearing and visual acuity to observe equipment, Lagoon guests, etc.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to read and understand daily checklists.
- Able to speak to give other employees and guests verbal instructions.
- Able to work in a considerably noisy environment from equipment and amusement rides.
- Able to perform work duties outside in varying weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Requires early arrivals and/or late night departures.