Frightmares "Streetmosphere" Performer
|Title:||Frightmares "Streetmosphere" Performer|
|Minimum Age Requirments:||Must be at least 15 years of age to apply|
Under general supervision, the Frightmares Cast Member is responsible for the proper operation and safety of haunted houses and other Halloween attractions, in accordance with Lagoon’s policies and procedures.
Job Requirements/Essential Functions of the Job:
- Cast Members will perform specific acting duties each shift and must perform with a consistent high level of energy, commitment, and enthusiasm. In addition, Cast Members must perform material as directed by management.
- Cast Members will assist with daily cleaning of Frightmares locations and maintain cleanliness throughout the day, including sweeping, cleaning props and gags, and other miscellaneous duties.
- The Cast Member will provide verbal instructions to guests to provide safety information, as well as entry and exit information while participating in Frightmares attractions.
- The Cast Member will respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure, operating system faults or shutdowns, smoke alarms, and guest evacuations.
- The Cast Member must closely monitor attractions and guest behavior to ensure a safe operation.
- The Cast member must monitor and respond to inappropriate guest behavior, enforce rules and restrictions, regulate guests’ actions, and request assistance from Security and the Frightmares Supervisor/Management as needed.
- The Cast member must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward providing guest satisfaction by displaying a friendly approach to entertain guests.In addition, the Cast member must be able to deal with many guests each day in a positive and friendly manner.
- The Cast Member must be flexible to work at different Frightmares locations and must be knowledgeable of all requirements and functions in each station.
- During training periods, the Cast Member must be able to read and assimilate information provided in the Frightmares Department Manual and the Seasonal Employee Handbook, and comprehend verbal instructions from the training Frightmares Supervisor or Manager.
- The Cast Member will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides, sound systems, screaming guests, and various equipment. The Cast Member must be able to remain focused and in character on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- The Cast Member must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements and wear the proper issued Costume. Cast Members shall arrive to work in the required attire, as required by the Costume Manager. A neat, clean professional appearance is required at all times.
- The Cast Member must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Each Cast Member will be working with all levels of the Frightmares Department staff as well as various levels of other departments to which the Frightmares operation is related.
- Each Cast Member will be in contact with a high volume of guests on a daily basis, which requires good guest service skills and ability.
This position is seasonal. Seasonal employees are at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause and/or notice. Seasonal employees perform their work at certain seasons and periods of the year. Their work, by its nature, is not continuous nor is it carried on throughout the year. A seasonal employee who is employed at the conclusion of the season will be terminated. A seasonal employee has no expectation in employment beyond the season in which he/she is hired. In a 12-month period, a Seasonal Employee works on average 28 hours or less per week and never more than 1400 hours in a 12-month period.
This position requires the employee to work a variable weekly schedule, five-six days a week from as early as 6:00 a.m. to as late as 1:00 a.m. including evenings, weekends, and holidays. A seasonal employee agrees to work as scheduled by Lagoon. Due to the seasonal nature of Lagoon’s business, the work schedule of a seasonal employee may vary from as few as zero (0) hours per week and may exceed fifty (50) hours per week during peak operational times.
Lagoon is a “seasonal amusement or recreational establishment” under the Fair Labor Standards Act and Utah law. Therefore, all Lagoon employees are exempt from the overtime and minimum wage provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and Utah law.
Fourteen and Fifteen year old cast members are entertainers. Therefore have different work requirements concerning the times they are scheduled.
- Must be at least 14 years of age.
- Job Qualifications are stated in essential functions of the job description. Each Cast member must be able to accomplish the essential functions in order to be competent in the job.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, and Lagoon guests.
- Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the functions the job.
- Able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Able to complete basic math calculations.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Able to follow safety practices and be safety conscious.
- Able to deal with guests in a friendly, but firm manner to provide for a good guest experience and enforce safety rules.
- Able to work effectively independently as well as with a group.
- Able to learn, comprehend, and enforce Lagoon’s policies and procedures.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Able to follow daily operational and closing procedures in order to enforce safety rules and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization in all work areas.
- Able to respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure and/or operating system faults or shutdowns, and smoke alarms.
- Able to handle minor complaints and suggestions from our guests in a calm and professional manner or seek additional assistance from supervisor if necessary.
- Clean work area daily or more often, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach and operate equipment.
- Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting.
- Able to stand and/or walk for up to (8) hours.
- Able to walk quickly to/from job locations up to 1 (one) kilometer distance.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Must have good hearing and visual acuity to observe equipment, Lagoon guests, etc.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to read and understand daily checklists.
- Able to speak to give other employees and guests verbal instructions.
- Able to work in a considerably noisy environment from equipment and amusement rides.
- Able to perform work duties outside in varying weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Requires late night departures.